25 March 2010

R.I.P. Marty

At around 3:20 am this morning, my cousin was shot in a car jacking at a gas station in Sauget, Illinois, and died this morning in the hospital when they couldn't stop the bleeding. I spent the morning at the hospital with my family, and the rest of the day at school. I don't feel like getting into details...there are six or seven articles floating around if you're curious.

It feels really surreal. It hasn't really sunk in yet (probably because I didn't get to see him before he went to the medical examiner) and because of the horrible circumstances. Death, is always horrible, but he was taken so unfairly, and way too soon. He was 23 and had just joined the Army and was about to leave in two weeks.

Right now, I feel sad, but mostly like I should be watching some other family suffer through this on the news, rather than dealing with the grief alongside my own family.

There's a big investigation happening. Major Case Squad and all. So I guess, hopefully, I'll have some updates on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment