16 April 2009

Stop The Hate

Hate Week. A good concept overall. I've been looking forward to seeing how it went.

The focal point of this week long "activity" (for lack of a better word) was the Hate Wall. The purpose of the hate wall, is for people to cover it with the cruel names that they have been called, or to write down other things that have hurt them. Even things that they hate about themselves. And then it was going to be destroyed. (Destroying the hate.)

I was appalled to see written on the back of this wall, "I hate" followed by the name of a friend of mine. It would sadden me to see that written about anybody, but it just makes it worse for me because it's someone I know. And to be honest, I don't even know how you could hate her. She is one of the most perpetually awesome people I know.

I don't think I want to see hate week back. Not if something like this can happen. It really is a good idea, but obviously people on campus are no where near mature enough to handle it.

I fear I'll never stop being disappointed by the human race. Stop the hate.

"A true man hates no one."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Signing off,
Abigail

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I think I wil ALWAYS be dissapointed my the human race. We've talked about this before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually come across the hate well, having spent all of my 'not in class' time in the anti-choir-room.
    Was the implication that your friend, or some other person wrote that about her, as a way of saying 'hey, this hurts'? or was the implication that somebody who really does hate her had written this on the wall?

    also also, ayep, my faith in the human race, while being occasionally restored a bit, is in sort of constant downward spiral. It saddens me a bit that when I hear about people I know or care making stupid decisions in life, I'm becoming less and less perturbed about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not talking about the kind of disappointment of friends making decisions you believe are bad. I'm talking about the cruelty of the human race and things that relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It saddens me a bit that when I hear about people I know or care making stupid decisions in life, I'm becoming less and less perturbed about it."

    RESPONSE:
    What people do with their time is none of your business. I will be sure to always remember what you are not okay with so I wont have to dissapoint you. Also,that has absolutely nothing to do with hatred.

    ReplyDelete
  5. **edit

    I will be sure to always remember what you are not okay with so I wont tell you so I wont have to dissapoint you.

    ReplyDelete