11 September 2009

Eight Years.

Happy Friday! Well, it's not so happy, but at least it's Friday.

1. My bank account is overdrawn again. Fucking hell. I deposited enough money into my account to make it positive by about fifteen dollars, but apparently three charges still hadn't gone through. So now, the hole is deeper than ever. And I have until the thirtieth to get this fixed, because that's when my credit card payment gets taken out, and I can't afford to get behind on that again.

2. Still no job. I have a list of places that I am going to apply at...but the place I am hoping to work at is the Cheesecake Factory. It's delicious, for one. But the main reason is because I would like to be getting tip money. It would be nice to be taking home cash after a every shift, as well as getting a paycheck. Americans, we like instant gratification!

3. I am very interested in the response that Samuel Becketts "Come and Go" will get at the one act festival. It is very much an absurdist show and not at all what most people are going to be expecting.

4. I made it into Chamber Choir! This is Meramec's first Chamber Choir, and the first select choir in a long time. I was very worried about getting in, because he hardly had me sing at the come back, and it was very awkward because everybody noticed. Stupidly enough, I was so pessimistic that I actually sat through about half of the rehearsal pouting because I assumed I hadn't made it. But for once, I have something going for me. But we have very little rehearsal time, a total of about fifty minutes a week...it will be an interesting ride.

5. It's been eight years since the 9/11 tragedy. Some days it seems much further back in my memory, and some days it seems like yesterday. I remember that I was in sixth grade, and still going to St. George. When the first plane hit, I was in Ms. Knight's horrid English class and she was quite oblivious and didn't tune us in, so none of us knew anything about it. But then we went to second period Social Studies with Mr. Bettonville, who was of course tuned it. Oddly enough, I assumed it was fake news coverage from a movie that the eighth grade class had been watching. But when we never started class, it slowly dawned on be what was happening. That was scary and confusing and horrible to watch, but what scared me the most was the plane crash in Washington D.C., where one of my favorite uncles is a police officer, and has previously worked with the Secret Service. Fortunately, for my family, everything turned out okay. But the bigger picture was not so great. It is still so heartbreaking to think about all of the families ripped apart that day, all of the lives lost. Eight years later, my heart still goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment